In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
How we will handle your complaint
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patients’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is: Adam Lody
2. If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Adam Lody or Rebecca Anderson (dentists) immediately.
3. If a dentist is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when he or she will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
4. If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to: Adam Lody or Rebecca Anderson
5. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
6. We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint.7. We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.
8. Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome
9. If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then advice can be sought from:
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
Primary Care and Networks Division
Unit 1, Newbridge Gateway
tel: 01495 241200
The General Dental Council Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
tel: 0208 2530800
Community Health Council:
Aneurin Bevan Community Health Council
6-8 William Brown Close
Llantarnam Business Park
fax: 01633 484623
tel: 01633 838516