How we will handle your complaint
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is: Adam Lody
2. If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Adam Lody or Rebecca Anderson (dentists) immediately.
3. If a dentist is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when he or she will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
4. If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to: Adam Lody or Rebecca Anderson
5. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
6. We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint.
7. We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.8. Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
Primary Care and Networks Division
Unit 1, Newbridge Gateway
tel: 01495 241200
Or you may contact the Ombudsman:
The General Dental Council Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
You may also contact:
Healthcare Inspectorate Wales
Rhydycar Business Park
Community Health Council:
Aneurin Bevan Community Health Council
6-8 William Brown Close
Llantarnam Business Park